Saturday, December 10, 2011

Exciting Meals!

Yes, that title is right! I know that I am a photographer but I am also a wife and have two bellies (4 if you count the pooches!) to feed, which means I have to do a little cooking now and then! I really enjoy cooking and I have people asking for my recipes I use every now and then so I figured I would share them with my clients as well! =)

Yesterday I wanted soup and of course wanted my favorite soup, southwestern chicken and white bean soup, but I didn't have the complete ingredience for it so I "created" my own soup out of what ingredients I did have! I don't really know if this soup has a name or what to call it but it is a southwestern, Mexican style flavored dish of yummy goodness! =D

Anyways I made my own taco seasoning from this site http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/ since I didn't have any prepackaged seasoning and lets just say I will NEVER buy prepackaged seasoning again! This was sooo much better and cheaper! (if you already have the ingredients!) I did however use ground cayenne red pepper instead of the crushed red pepper, because I am picky! lol

Anyways here is what you need!
shredded chicken (6-8 chicken tenders or 2 chicken breast)
table spoon of taco seasoning
Cooking spray
32oz of Chicken broth
10oz can of rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (do not drain)
16oz can of pinto beans (drained)
2 cans of cream of celery soup
table spoon of parsley flakes
salt and pepper (to taste)

Place shredded chicken and taco seasoning in a medium size bowl and toss until completely coated. Heat a large sauce pan on a stove top and spray sides and and bottom of pan with cooking spray. Put shredded chicken into pan and let it simmer, tossing occasionally, until dark brown. ( no more than 5 minutes at most) Pour chicken broth and rotel into pan. Place pinto beans in small bowl and smash with a fork until only a few whole beans are left. Pour beans into soup. Bring to a boil. Once the soup is at a boil add cans of cream of celery soup and parsley flakes! Keep at a boil until the cream of celery is blinded in, then reduce heat to a simmer (around 3 or 4). Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve heaping bowl fulls to your loved ones! =)

Hope you enjoy this recipe!


Always, Kaela Kanehl

No comments: